What have we accomplished?
- Created simple containerized application cats and dogs on Amazon ECS, which is fully managed container orchestration service.
- Chose right launch type either EC2 or Fargate for each service.
- Managed Docker images of cats and dogs in Amazon ECR.
- Monitored ECS cluster and services in Amazon CloudWatch Container Insights.
- Centralized container logging using AWS FireLens and Amazon CloudWatch.
- Scaled automatically ECS services and even cluster to maintain steady, predictable performance at the lowest possible cost.
We have NOT
- deployed a single server to configure, manage, patch, or reboot!